"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Saturday 2 June 2012

GAD 154, 155, 156, 157, 158 & 159

Oh my goodness gracious!

Yes, I have made several GAD's to tide me over, not only the weekend but also the days coming up to the big day

MY HOUSE MOVE

So here they are, in true Granny A Day style
Commemorating the days......


Today GAD 154, 2nd June 2012 is the first day of the Jubilee Celebrations
So I made a simple Red, White & Blue Square


Tomorrow GAD 155, 3rd June 2012 is the Queens Special Day
So I tried to replicate the Union Jack


It didn't turn out too bad!!




Monday is 4th June 2012 and another Jubilee Celebration day so I made each Granny Shell in rows 1, 2 & 3 from combinations of Red, White and Blue
Framing them with a Red border



And finally, Tuesday 5th June 2012 is our extra Bank Holiday Jubilee Day
So another Red, White & Blue variation


And here they are, all together, joined into the blanket, so I will remember this time forever more when I look back in years to come at my lovely Granny A Day Blanket....


.....But that's not all!

On Wednesday 6th June 2012, it will be my last day at this home here in Carshalton in Surrey.
Now, I don't know if you know this, but Carshalton is Lavender country, so I thought that a plain Granny Square in Lavender would commemorate this day perfectly.....



....And on Thursday 7th June 2012, I will move to Dorset
HOORAY

This is the Flag of Dorset



And this is the Granny Square that I created today, in between packing boxes, to remember my
moving day


I had to make the square with the White and Yellow first, and sew in the red border of the white cross once the square was finished.

I do hope you like it and forgive me if I don't blog between now and next Thursday.
But I might do!
LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!