"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Summer Top Work Continues & Maltese Crochet GAD 136

If you were following my blog yesterday, you will have seen that I picked up a WIP that I was determined to finish off, as it's been a long time since I started making the hundreds of motifs that make up the top.

Actually I have just added it all up and the pattern says to make 123 of them, but get a better fit, as I am not a size zero like the lady in the picture, and despite the pattern saying that it will fit a size 34 inch bust etc., I have had to make a few more.

So I started today with making some of the larger motifs



Making sure that I was making the right size to fill the gaps that I found



Once I had joined the front to the back


As you can see


There are quite a few of them!


And I even took some motifs of, from around the back neckline, as they seemed to flop over and were therefore surplus to requirements!


Now here it is

This is the back


And this is the front

I still have some more little gaps to fill, which I will now do tomorrow as I have spent most of my free time today working on this.



Now for GAD 136
I had the Maltese Flag in mind when I started to work with the white, so I naturally chose red for the next colour


So this Granny Square is dedicated to my fellow countrymen, women & Maltese Crocheters out there


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!