"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Monday 28 May 2012

Granny A Day 149 & Another Filofax Cover


Well, I did get some packing done this morning - the whole of the dining room in fact, and in this heat it wasn't an easy job!


So after a cool drink I made Granny A Day 149



This is the same square but in different light!

As I have a pretty full on day tomorrow, as it's the last day at my gardening job and I have to change all the pots from winter pansies to summer geraniums, I decided not to do any more packing today



Instead, as I had a "taste" for Granny Squares - like I need a reason, I decided to make a Granny Square cover (this is the 4th one I have made & it has a better wardrobe than I do!!) for my Filofax.

I chose some lovely summer colours and with inspiration from 


Beka Boo Designs by Tracey, who makes the most wonderful crochet bed footers and cushions, plus much, much more.  

The inspiration came from the bed footers that she makes by joining several Granny Squares together to form a long rectangle and then granny shelling around them to keep the shape rectangular rather than square, so this was ideal for my Filofax cover.


 I started by joining 3 Granny's together

(The Front)

And then bordering it with Granny Shells to make the rectangular shape needed for the cover

(The Spine)

And making a DC edging to tidy up the edging

(The Back)

And making some Granny Triangles for the corners


I do hope that you like the fact that I used my spare time to create a new crocheted wonder

2 comments:

  1. Cool project. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!