"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Friday 4 May 2012

Granny A Day 125, socks & New Pupils!


This is the start of my sock


And here it is getting a little more "sock" like


It's the first time I have crocheted a sock and I did have to undo the "ankle" bit as it felt a little tight the first time around, although I did chain the right amount of chains - they were too tight, so I made them a little looser than I normally work


Now for my New Pupils!!

It's always so exciting for me when I get new Crochet Pupils and today I had two in one go!

As you can see here TF is practicing double crochet.  She has crocheted before but always ended up increasing at the start and decreasing at the end, so I showed her how to correct this issue and get a nice straight edge, which she quickly got the hang of


FL was a total beginner - that was until the end of her lesson.  By the end she had mastered the art of a Foundation Chain, Double Crochet & Trebles too!



Here, you can see their Crochet Creations with the stitches we practiced together.


Until the next time I see them, they have homework to do which is Practice, Practice, Practice & I know they will as we all had a great 2 hours Crocheting together.

Granny A Day 125 is a total mish mash of colour combinations - it was literally a quick grab of yarns from my stash and putting this square together as I really wanted to get on with my sock, but I didn't want to make another plain square, like I did yesterday.


And now for my sock


Here it the finished sock


It's lovely to wear


And I am really pleased with how it's turned out.  The best thing is, is that it fits beautifully and feels lovely to wear as the yarn is 75% Bamboo and 25% Nylon so it has a lovely silky feel.


I am now going to start on sock 2 so that I have a matching pair.

2 comments:

  1. I did not know that one could make reasonably thin socks from crochet. Yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SJ - yes these are thin as I am using 4ply so a superfine yarn. I have now bought some more sock wool which is also 4 ply but this is 75% wool and 25% polyamid I can't wait to get started on a new pair!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!