"When you give a gift made with love,
It turns it into something priceless."

Get Hooked Website

My NEW LOOK Website Get Hooked on Crochet is here

Online Crochet Course

Learn to Crochet ONLINE
All 3 courses available in UK Crochet Terminology -Learn to Crochet from the comfort of your own home when YOU have some spare time, whatever time of day! The course never closes so you can return as often as you like, as many times as you like + you can add questions & photo's & have me as your virtual Crochet Teacher !

Followers

Friday 26 February 2010

Biting off more than I can chew?

Yes, I am at it again.  Crocheting squares.  Not only that but I am scouring the internet for different square patterns.

I came across this one and thought "OK I'll give it a go," so here it is.....


And this is how mine started out


And how it ended up!

Considering that I was following and American pattern, so their DC's are our TC's and I had to teach myself how to stitch a double treble crochet in the midst of it all, I am quite pleased with the end result. 
It can get confusing reading DC and having to make a TC, and the pattern did get a little complicated at times.  When that happens I down tools, walk away for 5 minutes and come back until the penny drops!
 I also had to do my own finishing row, as the original pattern was that little bit to small compared to my finished squares, so I added a row of "V" stitches (2 trebles into one stitch)


My first "creation"
Finally, this is a square that I have made up.  I fancied something stripey.  So I crocheted a foundation chain of 29 and put 1 treble into chain 5, then another TC into each of the next 2 chains 1 chain.  then 3 trebles into next 3 chains 1 chain to end.  Changed colour, 5 chains - start again.  The ends are a bit messy, so on my next attempt I will improve that, but as they will be sown into anyway, I just carried on with this one.  Only 2 rows to go - one in beige and one in brown!

1 comment:

  1. Half the fun is experimenting and worst case, you just unravel it.. I like the stripy one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a Comment - I love to get Comments and I will reply as soon as I put my hook and yarn down!